I am a proud Clemson Tiger, born and raised in the south, lover of all things pink, orange, and preppy, fan of college football and basketball, preacher's kid, daugher and sister in a loving family of 4, talk with a southern accent, hoping to be a pharmacist, college senior, about to move to Charleston, SC to go to pharmacy school for the next four years. Join me on my adventure through life as an undergrad/grad student living and loving the southern life.


"And I will give them one heart, and one way, that they may fear me for ever, for the good of them, and of their children after them..." -Jeremiah 32:39



Friday, May 28, 2010

Friday thoughts

1 Timothy 2:9-10
"I also want women to dress modestly, with decency and propriety....with good deeds, appropriate for women who profess to worship God."

Proverbs 31:20
"She opens her hand to the poor and reaches out her hands to the needy."

As women, we need to have a Kingdom-focus instead of a me-focus.*

In everything she (a wise woman) does - from the way she dresses to the way she orders her day - she seeks to delight in Christ and put His beauty and excellence on dispay. Getting love, getting a guy, getting "stuff," or getting her self to the point where she feels "self-actualized" isn't her overriding goal. Enjoying and glorifying God is. She focuses on building His kindgom - not on building her own.*

The Girl-Gone-Wise understands that regardless of whether she is single or married, her overriding purpose is to display Christ and to be busy with the kingdom work that He has for her in that season of her life.*

I'm still here. There must be something God wants me to do today.*

*From Girls Gone Wise by Mary A. Kassian, published 2010



No comments:

Post a Comment